Health Promotion & Education provides leadership on health promotion strategies and programs for the UBC Vancouver campus. Through innovative and evidence-based practices, Health Promotion & Education supports capacity building across campus to cultivate an environment that allows students to flourish and achieve their full potential in a milieu of academic rigour.
The Health Promotion & Education team is using the Okanagan Charter: A Charter for Health Promoting Universities as its roadmap. Key calls to action in the Okanagan Charter include:
- Embed health in all campus policies
- Create supportive campus environments
- Create thriving communities and a culture of wellbeing
- Support personal development
For more information about the need for and positive impact of healthy campus communities, watch the “Designing Healthy Campus Communities” video*.
*This video was created by the Healthy Minds | Healthy Campuses initiative, in collaboration with SFU and the Canadian Mental Health Association BC Division. UBC is a member of the Healthy Minds | Healthy Campuses network.
Suite 1400, Life Building, 6138 Student Union Boulevard, Vancouver, BC
Please Note: Our work is remote for the time being.
- Building campus capacity to enhance student wellbeing
The Health Promotion & Education team builds campus capacity for achieving the goals of the Okanagan Charter through... read more
- Professional development for staff, faculty, and TA’s to support student wellbeing
The following sessions are designed for staff, faculty, and teaching assistants. They are intended to build knowledge... read more
Working with us
Our team of health education and health promotion specialists provides support to campus partners in the following ways:
- Consulting and partnering on student health promotion and education strategies and initiatives.
- Delivering professional development workshops for faculty, staff, and TAs related to student wellness and the student experience, including Early Alert training, Conversations with Students in Distress, and Mental Health First Aid training. For a full list of training sessions and to book a session for your unit, please request a workshop.
- Providing learning opportunities for students and student leaders on health and wellbeing-related topics.