The Government of Canada, through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is seeking applications from Canadian publicly funded institutions for the 2019-2020 Students' Exchange Program (SEP):
General Eligibility Criteria
- These awards are available to international students to undertake research or study at UBC for a period of four to eight months.
- The candidate’s studies or research may commence as early as June 1, 2019 and no later than February 1, 2020.
- Students must be citizens of eligible countries (please refer to scholarship details).
- All awards are available to graduate and undergraduate students for study or research activity except the Faculty Leadership Program, which is available only to full-time employed faculty or international managers/administrators.
- Students coming to undertake coursework must be from UBC student mobility partner institutions. For a list of UBC mobility partners, please visit the list of partner universities.
- For undergraduate students, a signed agreement or understanding between UBC and the student’s home institution must be in place at the time of application.
- Students coming to undertake research must be from institutions with which UBC has established research activity.
- Students must have adequate funds to cover the initial time at UBC as the award is not distributed until after arrival.
All applications must be submitted by UBC directly on behalf of the student. Applications submitted directly by the student or home institution will not be accepted by CBIE. Go Global plays a coordinating role on all applications submitted on behalf of the University.
The deadline to nominate and submit all application documentation for the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) is Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
The deadline to nominate and submit application documentation for the Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program (ELAP), Canada-CARICOM Leadership Scholarships Program, Canada-Chile Leadership Exchange Scholarship, and Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program is Wednesday, March 6, 2019.
lease refer to the appropriate section for additional details on the application requirements (please view the menu on the left):