The Graduation Department is responsible for the overall coordination of the University's graduating students. The unit coordinates the graduation application, degree conferral, and diploma printing.
Each year the UBC Vancouver Graduation Department graduates approximately 8000 students in the spring, and 3000 students in the fall. We work closely with department coordinators, the Ceremonies Office, and the UBC Bookstore.
Students should visit our student pages for graduation information
On this page:
Graduation Application periods
The graduation application will be available for students on SSC under the Graduation tab during the following applicaiton periods. A certificate or diploma will be issued by our office for those students who apply to graduate.
Undergraduate, certificate, and diploma programs
- June 15 - September 15
- September conferral: June 15 - August 19
- November conferral: August 20 - September 15
Undergraduate, certificate, and diploma programs:
- December 14 - February 22
- February conferral: December 14 - January 18
- May conferral: January 19 - February 22
November 2018 deadline - October 26th, 2018
Spring 2019 deadline - April 26th, 2019
Any application submitted after the application period is considered a late application and must be submitted using the late application form provided by the Graduation Department at the end of the application period. Late applications received after the deadline will not be processed in time for conferral.
- Undergraduate, certificate, and diploma program late applications - Must be approved by and emailed to the Graduation Department by the student's program advising office.
- Graduate program late applications - The application will be posted on the G+PS website and may be emailed to the Graduation Department by the student.
November 2018 deadline - November 14th, 2018
Spring 2019 deadline - May 8th, 2019
Faculty program advising offices are required to review graduation applications to assess that students have completed thier program requirements. Adjudication is completed on the Graduation Adjudication tab in SISC.
- Request SISC access to group: GRAJ
Use the Student: Graduation search in SISC to find graduation applications that have been submitted by students for your faculty or department.
- Search by Ceremony Date - Refers to all applications for either the May or November period (including rolling graduation), i.e. a search for 201705 will include all graduation applications with conferral dates in both February and May.
- Search by Conferral Period - Refers to the conferral date only, i.e. a search for 201702 or 201705 will only include either February or May applications.
To adjudicate a student, select the 'Update' button on the bottom of the adjudication tab in SISC. You will need to update the following fields:
- Application Status
- Status Reason (only for not approved students, optional)
- Degree Average (if applicable)
- Degree Standing (if applicable)
Remeber to press the 'Save' button when you have finished updating the required fields.