While changes to the SIS are minimal & are restricted to regulatory & operational emergency changes in compliance with the technical stabilization framework, we continue to value feedback from the SIS user community. The Student Systems Management (SSM) team is open to engaging with SIS users to understand evolving business needs during this transition period to Workday, identifying available solutions that do not require SIS technical changes, and documenting your feedback for the IRP Student program.
You may submit a change request in the form of a Project Initiation Request (PIR). A PIR can be submitted to us via our online form. Please complete the form in full and provide adequate information regarding your change request.
You will need to include the following information on your submitted Project Initiation Request (PIR) form:
- Contact information for the person who is submitting the change request (name, CWL and email). This may or may not be the same person who will be the primary contact for the change request.
- Contact information for the person who will be the primary point of contact for the PIR (name, CWL and email). This may or may not be the same as the person who is submitting the request.
- Summary of the PIR. A short title or description of the SIS change request.
- Name of the project’s sponsor. This is usually someone in a senior level position who has a strategic planning or decision-making role. This person should be aware of the PIR & in favour of the desired change. All Project Initiation Requests require sponsorship.
- Department/Faculty of the sponsor. Indicate the department or faculty that the sponsor belongs to.
- Describe the problem you are trying to solve necessitating the change request. Provide details about your current issue, and if applicable, how you currently address it.
- Desired future state. Describe what the end state would look like if the issue was resolved as a result of your change request.
- Desired release date. While there is no guaranteed delivery date for submitted change requests, please tell us the ideal date for when this change would be ideal. Please include the impact of not being able to deliver the desired change before the ideal date (for example: board deadlines, government legislation, compliance-related deadlines, senate legislation deadlines, enrolment deadlines etc.).
- Describe any impacts and risks as a result of not going forward with the requested change. If your PIR is not approved for work, what would the impact & consequences be to your business units, processes, and affected stakeholders?
- Other information. Please share any other relevant information that will help us to further understand the situation requiring a change request to the SIS. Attach any relevant documents to the online form to supplement the information you provide.
Adrian Lee ChuyBusiness Solutions Analyst(604) 827-3054
Jason KwokAssociate Director, Student Systems Management(604) 822-5584