[IMPORTANT NOTICE:] Please carefully read the following instructions below for your 2020W Term 2 course sections following the University’s recent announcement about Term 2 classess primarily being offered on-line with selected smaller classes conducted in-person, adhering to physical distancing and other public health requirements.
For Course Sections to be delivered online
• Please refer to the 2020W Term 2 Course Set Up (Online), Adjustment , Cancellation, and Refund Guide that was compiled in collaboration with other stakeholders within Enrolment Services and distributed to the scheduling community. Within this document, you will find instructions related to scheduling and cancelling of Winter Term 2 courses, switching sections between terms, reflecting online delivery (WEB-oriented courses), un-publishing locations, changing STTs as well as information regarding refunds.
• Please complete your course changes and adjustments no later than the end of day on October 15, 2020. Please ensure that your department notifies all students impacted by course changes and adjustments you make.
• Please note that registration for 2020W Term 2 courses will be suspended on October 8, while registration for all courses will be suspended on October 19. New registration dates will be assigned based on the priority given to those students who were impacted by the changes to the course schedule in efforts to allow them adequate time to plan their timetable.
For Course Sections to be delivered in-person
• As with the online course sections, please complete your in-person course section adjustments (with the exception of room request and assignment changes) in alignment with the abovementioned deadline of October 15, 2020. Please refer to the 2020W Term 2 In-Person Course Section Adjustments and Room Assignment Guide for instructions on how to adjust your in-person course sections and/or request a room for those sections (if needed).
• We have collaborated with Facilities Planning on creating the excel spreadsheet collection form, intended to collect information on courses that will be taking place in-person this fall. This information will enable Facilities Planning to assist departments with finding suitable spaces, including the possibility of additional lab space, that effectively adheres to health and safety guidelines (e.g. physical/social distancing, cleaning protocols etc.) in alignment with GTS COVID Safety Plan. Please complete this form previously distributed by Scheduling Services and submit the spreadsheet back to us via email@example.com by October 30, 2020.
Email us if you need a copy of these guides and/or the collection form.
Please note that we are currenly working on establishing our Summer 2021 and Winter 2021 course scheduling approach and timelines. We will communicate any changes once established and confirmed based on the formal direction from UBC regarding Summer 2021 and Winter 2021 course delivery mode (i.e. online vs in-person). [Last updated: November 17, 2020]
We work closely with 160+ Timetable Representatives in 22 Faculties and Schools, and steward the production of the UBC Course Schedule in partnership with: Facilities Planning, UBC IT Audio Visual Services, UBC IT Academic Systems Support, UBC IT SIS Sustain, and ES SIS Security. We are part of the Learning Space team at UBC to supports the creation, operation and maintenance of an excellent learning environment for students and faculty members.
COURSE SCHEDULING CONTACT:
0040–1874 East Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm