UBC has launched a project to improve and transform its scheduling pattern and academic course scheduling model. In alignment with the University’s core purpose and the new strategic plan, Shaping UBC’s Next Century, this project will work collaboratively with the scheduling community to develop innovative, flexible and future proof solutions to support transformative teaching and learning.
“The strategic plan has identified education renewal, program redesign, practical learning, interdisciplinary education and student experience as key strategies. We will be teaching differently in the future and our infrastructure must support that work.”
- Dr. Pam Ratner, Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President, Enrolment and Academic Facilities
Scheduling Project Goals and Objectives
The Scheduling Project goals and objectives were developed in accordance with:
- UBC's strategic goals 2, 5, and 9:
- Inspire and enable students through excellence in transformative teaching, mentoring, advising and the student experience.
- Lead globally and locally in sustainability, wellbeing and safety across our campuses and communities.
- Achieve agility in academic support and administration through thoughtful systemic change and simplification.
- Principles outlined in the UBC Vancouver booking Guidelines for Teaching Space.
- Scheduling Principles that were workshopped with LSAC committee on June 2, 2016.